After ipconfig /all default gateway only shows up in ipv6, read the manual and instructs to access modem through 192.168.1.1/.2 but neither address worked. also had a web address, tried to access. still didn't work factory reset modem, still didn't work
no idea wtf to do
1. Reset the router back to its factory defaults by pressing and holding the reset button for 10 seconds.
2. Then make sure you connect an Ethernet cable to your laptop and LAN port-1 on your router.
3. Make sure your LAN adapter has TCP IPv4 turned on:
Control Panel -> Network & Sharing -> Change Adapter Settings -> rt-click on your LAN adapter and select 'Properties' -> Make sure TCP/IPv4 is checked.
4. Open a CMD window and issue command: ping 192.168.1.1 — to verify you can see your router. If ok, open your browser and surf to that address.
5. If problem, issue 'ipconfig /all' and note your IPv4 address, subnet mask, and default gateway.
Do you get any setting? Are you sure you are in dynamic ip mode?
The only way this will not work:
You aren't in DHCP mode. The router is not functioning or online.
It seems to be router, not a modem.
What are the status lights?
Stating the make and model of your modem would go a long way in providing the community information on a solution to your problem.
according to the manual page…did you use the username and password that was e-mailed to you??…