So, I have an ASUS laptop, only a couple months old and it doesn't seem to want to charge anymorejust my luck. I've been googling like a maniac for the past twenty minutes trying to find out how to get myself out of this mess. Every source keeps telling me to take out the battery and, well, to put it
So, I have an ASUS laptop, only a couple months old and it doesn't seem to want to charge anymorejust my luck. I've been googling like a maniac for the past twenty minutes trying to find out how to get myself out of this mess. Every source keeps telling me to take out the battery and, well, to put it simply that is not an option. This laptop is essentially a tablet and a keyboard combined. They are charged individually and connected by bluetooth. The keyboard still works and is charging properlybut the tablet is dying. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do? I'm grasping at straws here and am looking for proper answers only, please. Thank you beforehand to anyone with suggestions.
P.S. The charger works on the keyboard, so it isn't broken. And the port looks just the same as always, no apparent bends.
Undisclosed: The keyboard and the tablet portion actually are made by two different manufacturers which were subcontracted by ASUS. The charger may be supplying enough power to the keyboard to charge it, but not enough to the tablet. This usually happens because of fault detection hardware in the computer (Dell takes this to an extreme by actually blocking 3rd party chargers). Try a different charger for the computer portion. Otherwise, your battery is the problem. The good news is, the battery is removable, you just have to open the case to get to it. ASUS may do this for you since you're under warranty, but batteries are usually considered consumables and not warranted. If ASUS takes that route, you can order replacement batteries online and do the repair yourself.
You didn't say…is it at like 80% battery life? If so, there is nothing wrong; it is supposed to be like that. On many modern laptops, especially those with non-removable batteries, the BIOS sets a percentage less that 100% that stops the battery from charging if it is plugged in. The point is to extend the life of the battery. You can go into the BIOS and turn this off, but you will be purchasing a new system sooner than you think.
Incidentally, if you want it to go closer to 90%, use it on the battery more often; get it lower then 20% frequently. The next time it charges, it will charge higher.
One of the issues in case of this message is dying battery.There are some precautions you must take having healthy battery for a long time.Battery dies fast if you do not take right care of battery.If laptop has manufacturer
warranty use it until is not late.
It's only 2 months old so it's under warranty. Bring to the service center at once. If you don't know where, ask the store where you bought it from.
Unplug the power supply and then plug it back in, that helps sometimes.
thats fine, why are you so flipped out? remove the power supply and use it until it says plug in the psu.
from what you say, the problem is internal and will not be fixed without a tech or sending in for repairs